Friday, April 13, 2018

Why D.C?


Why D.C.?


One of the biggest questions that I have struggled with this semester is "Is D.C. for me?" I continue to ask myself this question but I become more and more in love with the city every day. D.C. is the center of it all. You notice at some point while living in D.C. is the fact that you are living in a city that makes history happen. The white house, government, and politics take over the city and infest its inhabitants with its historical culture and its fast-paced lifestyle. This is the city of opportunities and those who live here understand the importance of looking forward to making a change for the better future. One of the biggest misconceptions of D.C. is the average age of those who live here. To my surprise this city is alive with youthful energy that encourages change and those who live here want to make a mark on the city. Whether you are working in the private or public sector many of the jobs in D.C. focus on making an impact on people's lives. My absolute favorite aspect about living in D.C. is the multicultural aspect of having different parts of the city dedicated to different cultures which is so refreshing to know that diversity is important. All in all, the city encourages those who come to prosper and to look forward to the future.  

1 comment: