Tuesday, July 6, 2010

On Thursday I attended my first Nationals game with a friend who lives here in the city. We met at the Navy Yard metro station, along with a ton of other fans. Walking into the game I noticed how the area was sort of run down, but the stadium seemed to be clean and maintained. The atmosphere was fun, and it felt like everyone was in a good mood. Because it was a Thursday night game, which started at 7:05pm, most people were in dress clothes from work.

When I ride the train in the mornings, or anytime for that matter, everyone is oblivious to others and are on mission to get wherever they're going. At the game I observed more of a community feel, the fans were just happy to be off work and there watching the Nat's.

The highlights for me was getting a picture with "Tom" and staying to the end to see Ryan Zimmerman hit a fly ball to right field with bases loaded, in the bottom of the 9th. I'm not a huge baseball fan, but seeing the comeback and the excitement on the crowds face was well worth my $10 ticket!

LS

1 comment: