Sunday, July 10, 2011

Ford'sTheatre and Spy Museum

Today my friend and I went to Ford’s Theatre and the International Spy Museum. Ford’s Theatre was great and we got in free; although, I believe sometimes you have to pay. It was eerily awesome walking around in the historical landmark where President Lincoln was shot. The exhibit included items such as: the derringer pistol that John Wilkes Booth used in the assassination and the clothes Lincoln wore that night. There is also a lot of information on Booth and his co-conspirators, which I found interesting because I did not know much about them. Apparently Booth was a very highly regarded stage actor at the time. Following the exhibit, you sit in the theatre and listen to a 15 minute presentation which was very informative.

The International Spy Museum was alright. It seemed geared more towards children and it was pricey, almost $20. However, it also had some very cool exhibits and showed how espionage has had a massive impact throughout history. One thing I found amazing was that before D-Day, Britain created an army of inflatable tanks and one of their double agents gave the location and information to the Germans as a diversion. There are tons more cool examples of stuff like that, so overall I would recommend both places.

-DR

No comments:

Post a Comment