Monday, July 4, 2011

Worth the 45 minute wait!


As an avid fan of the Food Network's "Cupcake Wars" and TLC's "DC Cupcakes," I knew coming into the WAIP program that I was going to have to visit Georgetown and try Georgetown Cupcake and Sprinkles cupcakes, two of the most famous cupcake bakeries! Georgetown Cupcake is the bakery that "DC Cupcakes" takes place at, and the founder of Sprinkles, the first cupcake bakery, is a judge on "Cupcake Wars." There is simply a lot of famous food in DC!

The first time I visited Georgetown, my friend and I took one look at the line stretching two blocks for Georgetown Cupcake and went to try Baked And Wired's cupcakes instead. Although the chocolate, raspberry filled cupcake with cream cheese icing was delicious, I knew I would have to venture back and brave the line for the most famous cupcakes in DC.

On Saturday night my room mate and I settled in to put up with the line and the many people driving by yelling "it's not worth it!" However, those naysayers were mistaken! Between the two of us, we ordered chocolate, chocolate birthday cake, key lime, salted caramel, and mint cookies and cream cupcakes. All were delicious, not to mention normal-sized!

I admit, I am a foodie of massive proportions. The Travel Channel and the Food Network dictate what restaurants I want to try in new places and I have not been disappointed yet! There are some of Bravo's "Top Chef" contestants that own restaurants and those are next on the list, especially We the Pizza since it's so close! The Travel Channel highly recommends Oyamel and Johnny's Half-shell, so I'll have to squeeze those in too. Luckily, my fellow fellows are adventurous when it comes to food as well, so I'm sure we'll find the time to experience the DC cuisine.

KMB

No comments:

Post a Comment