Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Home Run Stretch


With only a few days left before the end of my quarter here in Washington, I still have a lot to do. There’s the standard packing up all my worldly belongings that are here and cleaning the apartment that occurs at the end of any time abroad. There is also the standard end of the quarter shuffle--finishing projects, papers, and paperwork. Unlike other quarters, I also have to wrap things up at my internship, and that may not be by the end of the quarter.

At my internship, my to do list has slowly been whittled down to two major projects: first, the creation of a foreign lobbyist database; second, I am writing a long piece for out blog.

I have been a part of the development process of the database from the beginning. I gathered the data, and after it was roughly transformed into a database, I have gone through identifying and fixing problems in the database. I know I won’t be able to fully finish editing and correcting the foreign lobbyist database, but I have been able to diagnose many of the problems in the database, fix a lion share of those problems, and detail how the diagnosing and fixing process should occur so that it can be replicated.

My second project, the long piece, for the blog won’t be done before the quarter ends. As a result, I will have to “write from beyond the grave”, as the communications department says.

KMS

No comments:

Post a Comment