Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Two Tasty Restaurants

In spite of the humid weather, summer life in DC was fun and pleasing. Being able to stay here for about two months, I gradually grew into a proud tour guide of this great city. When my friend Tyche visited me last weekend, I took her to all my favorite places in DC. Other than the famous museums and monuments, we also had a little food tasting tour around DC.

The first stop we made was We The Pizza on Penn Avenue. The place was not quite big and was crowed with local professionals, as well as tourists. There were eleven different kinds of fresh-baked pizza, along with chicken wings, side dishes and delicious flavored soda. I ordered my all-time-favorite BBQ pork pizza with crispy onions as topping. Tyche however, as a big fan of spicy food, got the spicy Mexican pie with chicken, peppers and tasty homemade spicy source on the top. The environment at We The Pizza was delightful and casual: there were interns from the Hill in their business suits chatting with each other, on the other end of the room there were also tourist families in their “I LOVE DC” t-shirts.

Another special place we tried was Korean restaurant Mandu on K Street. Earlier this summer, I went to Mandu with my office at their DuPont Circle location, as a farewell lunch for our Korean colleague, who was leaving during that week. The meaning of Mandu was dumplings in Korean, which was also the restaurant’s logo. Their decoration was unique and modern - light green wallpaper with traditional Korean cranes decor fly across the ceiling. According to my Korean coworkers, their food was also quite authentic. Their Korean brunch special during weekends was definitely worth trying.

- T.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment