Friday, August 10, 2012

Nine Weeks Later


Well, it is hard to believe that my time here in Washington, D.C. has come to an end. It was just nine weeks ago that I was anxiously waiting to see what this summer would bring. This experience as a Glenn Fellow has been incredible and I am so honored that I was able to be a part of it. I have met so many wonderful people, whose friendships I can’t wait to take back with me to Ohio State. We have all had the opportunity to participate in many different events and network with numerous people as well. We even had the chance to spend an afternoon talking with Senator and Mrs. Glenn.

Living in Washington for the summer was something I had always dreamed of doing, and participating in the Washington Academic Internship Program allowed me to do so much more than just simply live and intern in the city. I am so thankful to all those who have made my time here so magnificent. I will forever look back on this experience and all the amazing things it had to offer.

It is sad that the time has come to say goodbye to the people and places in D.C. Never again will I walk past both the Capitol and the Supreme Court twice a day, both to and from work, everyday. This summer has flown by, and for future Fellows, take in every opportunity thrown at you and take advantage of this great city and program. It is very surreal that in just a short time I will be back in Columbus and no longer have the beautiful view of Capitol Hill out my window. It has been an extraordinary nine weeks that I will never forget. 

-Ariel Cohen

No comments:

Post a Comment