Monday, August 6, 2012

Two Cool Places to Check Out


Bombay Club:
A restaurant that is located right off the Farragut West Metro.  It specializes in Indian cuisine.  The food is great but the price is a bit much for the quantity. I assume that you are also paying for the environment. It is a well-furnished and dimly lit room. 
They had a man playing piano when I had gone (Friday Night).  It is an
elegant and romantic restaurant. If you do choose to visit, I recommend
trying the Gulab Jamun for desert. Gulab Jamun is similar in size and
 shape to a donut hole; however, it is far softer. It is served with a rich
syrup and ice cream. I give the restaurant a 5/5 for food quality, 3/5 for price compared to quantity (Gulab Jamun cost me 8 dollars, and I was given two balls, each smaller than the size of an egg) and a 5/5 for environment. Overall, if you do not mind spending some money on good Indian food, I recommend the Bombay Club. 

The Regal Gallery Place Stadium 14, Movie Theater:
The movie theater is located right outside the Chinatown Gallery place metro stop. It is probably within one block of the stop. It is a beautiful area, with lots of restaurants and bars. Although it is expensive, it was 12 dollars a ticket for the Dark Knight Rises,
what is not in DC? Again, it was quick metro ride from Union
Station and is beautiful area. Tip: do not wait in line if you plan
on paying with a card. They have a machine located right next
to the box office that allows you to purchase a ticket within
seconds, no wait necessary. Few knew of this, I got my tickets
 within minutes after discovering the little machine. I probably
would have waited an additional 20 minutes and would have lost
my prime seats in the theater.

 Mark Zronek

No comments:

Post a Comment