Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wrap Up

It’s a little weird seeing my desk all clean after filing my exit memo to my coworkers at Partners for Livable Communities. My working list of projects has been cleared out, I’m enjoying the last bag of popcorn that I brought to my desk’s snack drawer back in June, and I’m beginning to realize that I still have to finish my paper…



But all things considered, it was a pretty great summer. I enjoyed my job (even though it had its slow moments), I feel confident that the improvements in my resume and skill set justify the expense being here, my paper topic interests me and I think it’ll be a piece I can be proud of, and I’ve made a few friends that I look forward to seeing back on campus in a few weeks.



Now I can’t help by wonder what’s next on my docket. I’m close enough to being done with my undergrad that the end is in sight, but too far away yet to know what the end looks like. Grad school? Non-profit work? Being discovered and staring in a reality T.V. show based on my life? All the options are exciting (and scary) in their own way. But regardless, I feel more confident in my future after being a Glenn fellow, and in the end that’s exactly what I was looking for in WAIP.

Devin Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment