Thursday, July 28, 2016

Cleveland Rocks


Growing up, the only thing I wanted to do after I graduated was move out of Ohio, as I thought Cleveland was a cultural wasteland. I spent high school researching all the schools as far away as I could go. Of course, come decision time, I decided to attend Ohio State, the closest school to which I applied So, my escape plan was delayed a few years. Fast forward to today. We have come to the end of our time here in WAIP and I could not be more ecstatic that soon I will be back to the mistake by the lake. Cleveland is great. The city has a unique culture, fantastic food, and best of all, it is cheap. And now we are even NBA champions! While I will be sad to leave Washington DC behind, I am now more confused than ever about where I would like to live after graduation. Cleveland is an amazing, manageable, and affordable city. But there are so many unique opportunities here in DC that I have come to discover. It is hard for me to accept that perhaps my dreams have changed. However, I am coming to terms with that it is okay to want different things over time.  WAIP has taught me so much about myself and helped expose me to so many opportunities. I am now more confused than ever about what I want to do in the future, but I am okay with that.

Hallie

No comments:

Post a Comment