Sunday, July 31, 2016

16 Things I Did in DC this Summer

This summer has been a wild roller coaster. While I am ready to sleep for the next two weeks before school begins, I have learned so much that I never would have if not for WAIP. In order to sum up my experience, I thought I would include a list of some of the things I have done this summer:

I have...

1. Written a 20 page paper.
2. Met the Slovenian ambassador
3. Got to witness appropriations in action
4. Had amazing co-interns
5. Survived living 4 girls to a room
6. Didn't go completely broke
7. Met some amazing people that do incredible things in public service
8. Took a photo with a lovely Turkish family that thought I was their cousin
9. Covered every inch of the National Gallery
10. Drank 100+ lattes
11. Found out that I love weeding
12. Found out that I don't love swamps
13. Thought 88 degrees and overcast was good weather.
14. Learned what public affairs was
15. Saw the Obama motorcade
16. Grew to love DC enough that I am sad to say goodbye.

Peace out DC,

Hallie

No comments:

Post a Comment