Friday, July 29, 2016

Life Path

I have been very fortunate to meet some extremely passionate and successful people during my summer in DC. I came to DC through WAIP, thinking that I would find out where I will go with my career and know exactly what kind of work interests me. Looking back I can clearly see the fault in my thinking and understand, from the experiences that have been shared with me, that I will know when I find my passion. While I do know the general area of work that I believe I would find rewarding, it will take some real experience to understand what I like and what I am good at. I am grateful to have received a substantive experience during my internship and been able to work with some amazing people that have happily shared some personal life lessons.

Leaving DC this summer, I know that there are a vast number of opportunities available to me. I do believe that I have a plan for my first few years after graduation and am looking forward to finding what it is that deeply motivates me. I have been reminded by many of the people in careers that sound amazing to me, that I am only 22 and still have plenty of time to figure out what I want. While it is much more frustrating as the person being told you have plenty of time, I am confident that there are many exciting experiences in my future and that I will discover my passion.

Also, thank you to all my fellow WAIPers, you are all amazing people and I am glad to know so many individuals that are going to contribute so much to society.

Andrew Wells

No comments:

Post a Comment