Friday, July 29, 2016

Thank You, WAIP


As I prepare to leave Washington DC for the summer, I look at myself and see a vastly different person from the guy who hopped on a plane back in May after finishing his final exams. I came to DC questioning my ability to work in such a fast paced and high profile environment. At the time, I saw myself looking for work back in the state after graduation. I thought that the most likely outcome of this summer would be a great experience, a chance to learn some new skills in the political arena, and a chance to serve the public in my hometown Congressman’s office. I’m proud to say that I achieved all of these things, but I didn’t expect to leave DC with one other huge takeaway- I now know that above everything else, I want to move to Washington DC after graduation and pursue becoming a Hill staffer in a Congressional office.


Not only does DC have a rich history and exciting things to do and see around LITERALLY every corner, but the atmosphere in a Congressional office and the work that is done there has captivated me. Every week for the past three months, I have had the opportunity to be an ever so small part of history by serving in our American government. Furthermore, I have had the chance to go to work every day and help serve my district, state, and Country. I will be forever grateful to The Ohio State University and the Washington Academic Internship Program for allowing me to have this amazing opportunity and for allowing me to finally find a move to make after graduation. I’m moving to DC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment