Friday, July 28, 2017

Hey Hey Hey, Goodbye

Is this more than you've bargained for yet? You do everything that they ask you to, but it's so hard, it's really hard. I know I know I know, it's just this day. We lie and tell our friends it's so much fun out here, anywhere is better than here. Bachelors in worthless studies, but at least it made our parents happy (and cost a whole lot of money).

Time won't wait for you to make mistakes, it's gotta be a leap of faith. You can't believe it, but if you try sometimes you just might find, you get what you need. Perhaps I lack some foresight, but when I put myself in the picture of success, I need a little more time to find out, I promise I'll be better.

Can you believe how far we've come? Look at where you are, look at where you started. A lifetime of wanting and waiting and deadly persuading, so try to be somebody. That season left the world and then returned, the season's change was a conduit. Why would you live anywhere else? I've got big, big plans, but for now, we are young.  
And honestly, that's why public service seems to be calling me.




So, while this is a little patchy and strange, these are my summed-up thoughts about this summer in D.C. Each line is a lyric taken from a different song. Listen to the full thing here, and thanks for reading. Also check out this sick picture my friend took of the Lincoln Memorial during a thunderstorm.      - Lauren McDermott

1 comment: