Friday, July 28, 2017

Go Bucks!

              
My time in WAIP could be counted as one of the most resourceful experiences I’ve had by far, considering that I was a minute away of missing the application deadline! Before moving to DC, I had an idea of the kind of establishment that I wanted to work in, however, I didn’t know exactly what I wanted to do. It was made more vivid as I spoke to people at my organization. I learned some useful career lessons through the people I met in DC. Also, working in a fast-pace city was an interesting experience. I interned at a nonprofit and this helped grow my passion for international development. I’ll be leaving DC in about 8 days and I’m confident of what I want to do after I graduate from college. Also, speaking with some OSU/WAIP alumni made for an easy transition. Some advice I have for future WAIPers is that, they should take advantage of the OSU/WAIP community while in DC. They’re willing to help and connect fellow Buckeyes with resources in DC. My love for the Buckeye community and OSU grew through my participation in WAIP.






Through WAIP, I met wonderful people whom I could connect with, and are willing to help me succeed. I’m glad that I got to build connections here in DC, especially since I thought about moving here prior to applying for WAIP. Katy also does a wonderful job at planning educative study tours and policy salons, through which we’re able to meet and network with so many great professionals. 


Ella Oppong

No comments:

Post a Comment