Tuesday, July 25, 2017

My visit to the African American and Holocaust Memorial Museums

 Coming to D.C. there were two museums that I wanted to visit; The African American Museum and the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. Now I can say I achieve both goals.  On May 19, I visited the African American museum and June 30 I visited the Holocaust Memorial Museum. The design of both museums are beautiful and the restaurant in the African American museum was delicious. The statue in the African American museum is something I can't describe but I can say that seeing it in person is an amazing experience that I won’t forget. The best section of the African American museum was the 1950-1990s era. I love the attractions, pictures, and videos. I ended up staying for five or six hours and was able to reach each level. For the Holocaust museum, I was unable to take pictures because the scenes and pictures were just too powerful and overwhelming. Walking through the museum, I just kept saying how could this had to happen to innocent people. Two sections of the museum that really affected me to the point had to walk away for a moment, were the design of the gas chamber and the liberation videos. I never seen the design of the gas chamber before and to see the procedure to enter the gas chamber all the way to the ending of the deaths were just overwhelming. I’m really glad I got the chance to experience both museums. I think everyone who comes to D.C. should visit those two museums.

~Iesha Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment