Saturday, May 19, 2012

1...2...3...Network!

Over the past few days, I have had the opportunity to participate in a few very unique networking experiences.  Aside from our normal internships, the Glenn Schools does a fantastic job of putting the Glenn Fellows into situations that will allow them to succeed.  We were granted the opportunity to meet with Buckeye Alumni living in Washington.  After a few conversations, I met a gentleman who has had some amazing life experiences and has traveled in the professional circles I would like to be in.  I emailed him after the meeting, not expecting much, but received an email back within ten minutes.  This simple act of shooting an email to a person you have met can do wonders for your network.  I was invited to dinner with this gentleman and quickly took the opportunity to speak in depth with him.  During dinner, we spoke about school, work, law school, and life in general.  It was refreshing to sit and talk with someone who has done it all already.  It was great to speak with someone who knows what direction to take in the very convoluted political realm that is Washington DC.   I was so excited to speak with him for such a long and in depth conversation.  The Glenn School does a fantastic job of allowing us to meet people who will benefit our schooling and future careers.  I am grateful for the opportunities that we receive, and I believe that I can speak for all of the Fellows when I say that we take full advantage of every networking opportunity!

-Drew Calabro

No comments:

Post a Comment