Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Last Minute Trips

What else can I squeeze in to this trip? That is what I find myself asking during this final week in Washington, DC. After a nice long weekend at the beach, where sun came in anything but short supply, I returned home to my Congressional apartment trying to decide what else I needed to do and squeeze into my final days in the city.


At work I can expect that there will be plenty of last minute work and preparation for my leaving and that transition, while at home in the apartment I imagine there will be packing and hurried cleaning between Evann and myself. The events outside of those are what will exhaust me the most, but will be well worth it. Many times this quarter I have seen monuments, restaurants, museums, and people, but no matter how hard you try, getting it all in is impossible. My goal this week: get in the last must dos. On the list are Arlington National Cemetery, Georgetown Harbor, Karaoke at Hill Country BBQ, and maybe another museum visit.


I can imagine that the end of the week the exhaustion will be on my face and under my eyes, but all of that will be well worth it when I leave the city and will have done most of what I had planned, and a lot that I had not. Washington, DC holds more treasures and sites than anyone can fit into one trip, and in my experience, one quarter. All are well worth seeing and tiring yourself over. I welcome the rush of last minute events this week to try and suck up that last bit of DC life.

-Shannon Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment