Thursday, May 31, 2012

P.O.V.

 I went to lunch today with a previous undergradate student trustee at Ohio State who now works in Washington (small world!). As a substitute for the regular DC lunch at Old Ebbitt, we decided to be a little more trendy and go to the P.O.V. Rooftop Terrace atop the W hotel on F Street. It was the perfect last lunch, for it offered some great views of the Mall and allowed me to take in the city in which I've lived for the past 10 weeks. From my spot at the table, this is what I saw:


How cool, right?


It was awesome to see the Washington Monument, Lincoln, WWII memorial, the White House, Treasury, etc. standing in such a different light. Usually I'm on the ground, looking up; today I got to see things from a little bit of a different perspective. I know a hotel restaurant usually doesn't make the top of the list of things to see in a city, but everyone really should check it out if they have a chance.

As Shannon said, we've had to real squeeze stuff into our schedules on our last week in DC. I've been fitting some in last-minute meetings, lunches, dinners this week...and it's given me the opportunity to check out a handful of pretty cool places in the city. As much as I've seen, though, I'm sure there's quadruple that number of things I haven't seen or places I haven't been. Ah, well -- I guess to put a positive spin on it, that means I'll just have to come back to Washington again!

No comments:

Post a Comment