Monday, May 21, 2012

Role Reversal

Each of the past two weeks we have had new interns join our office and suddenly I went from low man on the totem pole to showing the new guys the ropes. So far it has been pretty fun, I have to say it is quite enjoyable when people come to me for advice about office related things and what to do in D.C.. It seems that not that long ago I was the green one with no idea what I was doing. The House of Representatives is in recess this week so work in the office is quite slow, so it is a welcome change of pace when I can show the new interns the ropes, whether it be a tour or something as simple as letter writing. I leave in two weeks so it is important that I show the new interns my unique brand of work, lucky for them there will always be several of them so they will never have to feel overwhelmed. I just hope that they have as much fun as I am right now.

Zach Prouty

No comments:

Post a Comment