Tuesday, July 10, 2012

40°C at DC

It was an exiting weekend with my family at DC; we enjoyed 4th of July and its fireworks, museums, touring national monuments, shopping and off course the living sauna weather. I can only compare this oppressive climate to monsoon season on an East Asian country, not even Mexico (my home country) gets this bad. The humidity of DC reminds me every time this city is still part-swamp. However, the weather did not stop me from visiting new places, among many, was the Smithsonian Museum of Natural history. If you are interested in science, nature, or evolution this museum has one of the most amazing exhibitions I have ever seen. It takes you approximately 2 hours to see all exhibitions. The crowds can be a little overwhelming, there is a lot of noise, kids crying, but the trip is worth it. The Smithsonian Museum of Natural History is definitely a “must see” exhibition I encourage everyone to see.

Luis T

No comments:

Post a Comment