Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Woolly Mammoth


     Walking into the Woolly Mammoth Theater, I became more even more excited about seeing “Mr. Burns, A Post-Electric Play.” The bright interior added to the artsy mood of the theater. Local artists’ paintings were hanging on the wall. What impressed me the most about the decorations, though, was that the decorations were done in a manner to reflect the play’s theme of life in a post-apocalyptic area. The tiny bookstore even carried books that related to the post-apocalyptic themes.  I couldn’t help myself and had to purchase a book on the fall and collapse of societies.
     As I walked into the theater, I was also impressed at the diversity of people the Woolly Mammoth was able to draw in. Everyone, the young and old, seemed to wait in anticipation for the play to start.
      As the lights dimmed, I was surprised to see that the set was extremely simple, just a couch, a couple of chairs, a campfire, and a backdrop. However, the actors and actresses didn’t need an intricate set. I was impressed by the quality of the acting and the show went by quickly. Since this was the last weekend “Mr. Burns, A Post-Electric Play” was showing, I hope to go back and see the Woolly Mammoth’s next production. I definitely recommend seeing a play showing at the Woolly Mammoth Theater. 

~Christy Beck   

No comments:

Post a Comment