Saturday, July 28, 2012

Visiting American University Washington College of Law


A few weeks ago I scheduled my first official law school visit. The only other law school I’ve seen so far was Ohio State’s law school. Even then, I’ve never went on an official tour. I’ve walked around it myself after my Phi Alpha Delta meetings in the building and I’ve been around it with a current OSU law school student but never on an actual tour.

So on Friday, June 27th, I took the metro up to the Tenleytown Metro stop. The stop drops you right off in front of a bus stop. The bus stop not only is used by the MetroBuses but also by American University’s buses. AU provides free bus transportation from the metro stop to the main campus and the law school campus since the law school is about a 10 minute walk from the main campus.



I arrived in the area earlier than I needed so I took the AU bus to the main campus and then walked to the law school so I could see the sights and area. Between the two locations, there is a nice residential area. The houses looked very quaint and homey and the greenery by each of the homes was picturesque. Arriving at the law school, the scenery was just as pretty as the walk there. The law school building has a very nice fountain and seating outside in front which seems ideal for a nice break between classes.



Once our tour actually started, we were shown each of the 6 floors in the building and the significant rooms on the floors. We saw the moot court room, the basic freshman classroom, the dean’s lounge, the library, the students’ lounge, one of the journals’ work rooms, the cafeteria and finally the main mock court room where many lectures are held.  The tour guide then brought us back to the admissions office and answered our final questions about the school while providing us also with pamphlets.

Overall, the school was beautiful and as I was leaving the building, I thought of how I could see myself going here someday.
Brooke Koester

10 comments:

  1. The main aim of getting online education is to cover all skills usually and accept by the profession. If you’re a medical students then don’t worried about your assignment work. personal goal essay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today, several brides and grooms have an interest in creating a a lot of personal statement with their wedding rings. customized custom wedding rings are available in many sorts, styles, and choices and ar increasing in quality. my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was really great information, you have collect really good information about American University Washington College of Law. in this blog have collected lots Washington academic information. I actually found it useful and this added so much of knowledge! Thank you so much for such valuable post. Please click here to see Our Guarantees for Pharmacy Personal Statement Writing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great articles in my carrier, It's wonderful commands like easiest understand words of knowledge in information about American University Washington College of Law. Thanks for visiting good statement of purpose and collected lots of valuable information about law department to share with us. This is so helpful article and review for law students.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great article with excellent idea! I appreciate your post. I had lots of fun getting to know each other! you have read lots of awesome books and did a few cute activities to go with them! Please give more about chemistry personal statement oxbridge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. College admission essays really are among the very vital facets which may send one to the faculty of one's dreams. It holds a excellent percentage that you reach campus membership. You'd either be accepted, or even. helpful link will help you to know more.

    ReplyDelete