Friday, June 16, 2017

***title not available***

Throughout my time here in DC, I’m constantly busy. From interning at (****censored****), to taking classes every (***none of your business***), to touring each (***answer not found***), I’ve been encouraged from alumni, mentors, and even strangers to learn, grow, and network. 

Networking, I’m told, is the key to success in DC. If I decide to return to DC upon my graduation in (***not telling***) with my degree in (***wouldn’t you like to know***), then a network of people here could be the difference between finding a job and not finding a job.

If you’re reading this, you’re likely the type of person who would want to help me on my career path if possible. Maybe you’re a friend or relative of mine or maybe you’re a WAIP alum who decided to read this summer’s blog posts out of nostalgia. Maybe you’re an OSU alum and you’re interested in helping the soon to be new alumni.

But, there’s always that slight chance that you’re reading this just because you googled my name. Spoiler alert: I’m likely the only 'Athena Patitsas' in the world. If you typed my name in a quick search, this link might’ve come up and you clicked on it. And here, on the internet, anyone can read my words and learn whatever I share.

I love meeting new people and I understand the importance of networking, but, unfortunately, I’m not comfortable using this platform to tell you what agency I’m working at, what my degree is in, or that I’ll be going to (***you thought I would slip***) when Summer ends.

In an era where social media is everything, everyone needs a linkedin, and networking is increasingly done online, I would encourage everyone to consider their safety before posting too many personal details on the internet. I’m all for sharing accomplishments, but I’d prefer to finish an experience before I post it for the world to see.

So, if you’re reading this, and you’re one of those people that would like to help me on my career path or hear what I’ll be doing in the future, you'll have to ask me about myself in person, via Facebook if we're friends, or through someone I know.

Because it already happened, here's a picture of me on Memorial Day weekend.

-Athena Patitsas


No comments:

Post a Comment