Sunday, January 10, 2010

My proof of visitation!


We kind of split off yesterday, so just to fill the others in, I went to the Natural History Museum and took a picture of the elephant thing in the entryway. Pretty.. cool.. I guess. The museum itself was pretty solid, though. Jeff got to hear me explain all of the animals I dislike (bugs, sea creatures, birds) yet I couldn't help but stare at the pictures of deep sea creatures and giant bugs.. ew. There were also some adorable foxes and tiny mice for me to point at and say "aw." We also had no idea where we were going the whole time because the rooms kind of wind around.. But I think we got it all in the end. Oh, and the Hope Diamond is small but I guess kind of cool. It would look pretty baller as a broach or a giant ring. Ten cool points if you steal it for me!







We then ventured over to the Art Museum.. One of them.. And I took a creepy picture of my group admiring the fountain. Because that's how I roll. There was some pretty impressive statuary and all that good stuff. I've actually been to both of these museums before so I spent more time being impressed by the architecture and being pleased that I was out of the cold. There was nothing on par with the Mona Lisa (and her creepy smile) but art fans will be far from bored here.

Plenty more to go! And lots of monuments. I'll be happy as long as I get to hit up Lincoln's Memorial because that man was quite tall and I'm a sucker for tall men. So obviously he's my favorite president. I heard he also did some good stuff to abolish slavery or something, so that's a plus.
-Lilly

No comments:

Post a Comment