Friday, January 8, 2010

Security guards get to see you naked!

I was on my Twitter account today (1. Yes, I have a Twitter. Don't judge. Follow me at lillyshep. :) and 2. I had nothing better to do today, obviously) and CNN had posted something about that whole fiasco at the Newark airport.
Turns out, some guy walked through the wrong way while the TSA employee was off answering someone's question. He met a woman, hugged her, then then disappeared. He hasn't been found and they're speculating that he left through an exit about 20 minutes later. (You can see the video and read about it here: http://bit.ly/512hND).
This seems really ridiculous to me when you consider the fact that our government is planning to spend $1 billion on new security technology that can look through your clothes and detect bombs EVEN BETTER than before (http://bit.ly/7I7lDN). Yeah, that's what we need. If long lines weren't enough of a deterrent from flying, I think the knowledge that the guards are seeing you naked might just do the trick.
It all just makes me wonder, what are our priorities? We worry so much about scanning people as they enter but can't fully guard the exits. While this man was most likely completely harmless, people went nuts when they found out. And rightfully so. He could have have much more malicious intentions than to go greet someone. It all just leaves me a little confused. Why are we throwing $1 billion dollars are weird security measures when we can't even convince the guards to stay at their posts? It all seems a little silly to me.

Peace and Love,
Lilly

No comments:

Post a Comment