Saturday, January 9, 2010

Smithsonian and Surrounding Area

Today all ten of us went to the National Mall and visited many museums, which I am sure my colleagues will blog about later, but the building I am pictured in front of to the left is perhaps the most important. How can one live if unable to eat? The USDA was established in 1862 to support the mainly agrarian economy of this fertile nation. Today the USDA operates to save the world in many capacities. Back home in Columbus I worked for the USDA Rural Development Program, helping to secure housing loans for people in rural areas. To read more about the "Every day, every way" department for the people, go here: http://www.usda.gov/
--Mike

1 comment:

  1. You are a pretty good writer! I am enjoying your posts.....put more pics up. Miss you, Emma

    ReplyDelete