Thursday, January 14, 2010

NO Pictures Allowed...but I was there!- The White House

So today was the much anticipated White House tour. I was nice...I was able to tour the West Wing last summer and see the Oval Office, the Roosevelt Room, and the Old Executive Offices so seeing the East Wing (or the First Lady's Wing as the one security guard referred to it) was great! My favorite was the Blue Room, partially because I love that color but more because I love the view of the front yard from the room. Unlike Mike, I did not ask permission to sit down, so when nobody was looking I sat in chairs in the Green Room and the Red Room! It was interesting to learn that the people who work these guard jobs have to have accomplished something "Great" in their lives before they can work at the White House. Many old professional athletes become guards here. The views from the rooms in the White House were amazing! I hope to be able to go back sometime soon, and I would love to actually meet the President one day....how can we make that happen through the Glenn Program???
-Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment