Thursday, January 14, 2010

Proof of 2 Smithsonians



so I am a little late on blogging, I have been working on research at the LOC and because Leroy neglected to mention in his ridiculous speech that each library has odd hours, I have been living at the LOC finding resources for my paper. Luckily I am almost finished with everything! The castle was really cool inside, there were little sections inside that I thought of as previews of what the other smithsonians will have in their museums. In the American History Museum I really loved the tv section; I got pictures with Dorthy's shoes, saw Fonzy's leather jacket and Archie's chair from all in the family (love, LOVE that show!) The best had to be the First Lady's Dresses. There was an informatinal videoing showing how many were destroyed becuase that wew not properly displayed and showing many more dresses. I learned that not all of them are on display at once, they rotate which ones they display. I hope the next time I go back they will be on a different rotation. It was also nice to see the Abraham Lincoln section and the war sections. There was a very powerful video you all need to see in the war section with a bunch of veteran's quotes about their experiences and pictures from the war. It's kind of sad but really good. My family comes to visit at the end of the month and I know they are all exctied to go to this museum!
Joanna

1 comment:

  1. Nice pics! The Smithsonian gets a fair amount of flak for the First Ladies' dresses--from some feminists, among others. KK

    ReplyDelete