Sunday, January 24, 2010

So this blog is also about the Right to Life march on Capitol Hill that took place this past week. While the majority of the marchers gathered on the Capitol lawns around noon I got the opportunity to see some of them earlier in the morning. Rep. Boehner was supposed to pose with some of the Right to Lifer's from his district so I got to go stand on the Capitol steps holding Right to Life signs to help gather them together. This would have been a nice task if it weren't for the fact that I had no coat, and none of the people from his district showed up. However, I was provided with entertainment from the eccentric pro life gentleman that waved a rope that had halloween skulls attached to it as he screamed at politcians and staff as they entered the Capitol. I did get to meet with some of the pro-lifers as they trickled into Rep. Boehner's office throughout the day to say hello and snack on cookies and pastries.

I was amazed on my walk home from work by the sheer number of pro life supporters that made the trip to Washington D.C. Not only the number of people there, but also the array of people who turned out surprised me. I was expecting for the most part a majority of older people to turn out, but I was surprised by how many youth had also made the trip. It was impressive to see the many different groups come together and rally for a common cause at our nation's capitol.

SM

1 comment: