Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Conclusionary Tale

...I survived the bus ride back from Philadelphia just in time to gather my thoughts and revel in the rest of the summer that was. 

I suppose I forgot to talk about Congress very much at all. I went to one hearing early in the summer concerning liquefied natural gas, and its potential in international trade. The talk was interesting but it was my first and only hearing. Yesterday I went to a talk in the Capitol building hosted by the Embassy of Argentina, and discussing the country's emergence from default in the past ten years. I almost fell asleep, but they had pastries so I guess it was worth the trip. Other than those two events I didn't attend any official business in the Capitol or its connected offices, but I did spend some time walking around the office buildings. I even saw Paul Ryan...and followed him down an escalator.

My last few weeks here was filled with endless joy. Myself, Nathan, Lenae, and Louise went kayaking in Georgetown and enjoyed some amazing sandwiches. There are parts of this city that I will certainly miss. I can't say that I've "falled in love" with Washington, but I will not be surprised if I'm back in the next few years. 

This summer was interesting, and I'm happy I came, but I am also happy that it is over and I can go back and spend time in Ohio. For now I feel more at home there. Perhaps, when Washington is truly ready for me I will be truly ready for it. 

Until then, story over.


Eric D'Angelo

No comments:

Post a Comment