Thursday, July 25, 2013

Take me out to the Ballgame

Whenever I am in a city with a baseball team I always make an effort to make it to a game. I have been fortunate to attend baseball games at over 20 different stadiums so I was excited about adding Nationals Park in Washington to my list. When I was younger, I really enjoyed drawing, in particular sports stadiums so I am always interested in the subtle details of stadiums and examining what they did well and what else they could have done from an architectural standpoint.

Matt, Jake, Nathan, Aubrey, Alex, and I made the walk from the apartment to the stadium, passing under the highway and through the newly build, and still under construction stadium neighborhood complete with high rise apartments and office buildings. Despite the game being a last minute decision, we were able to get great seats together, most importantly in the sun so we could work on our tans, or in my case my burn. It was an afternoon game so we had the chance to enjoy some baseball, some sun, and most importantly, some beer (responsibly of course....).

Taking in a baseball game in Washington was yet another fun cultural experience for me and and getting to go with my friends and have a great time made it all the more enjoyable. The Nationals Park was definitely one of the nicer and more beautiful baseball stadiums I have been to and I look forward to coming back for a game soon.

-Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment