Thursday, July 25, 2013

Day at the Market

One of the great things about the location of our apartment in the proximity to so many cool cultural events and activities in the Capitol Hill District. The first time I visited Eastern Market it was a new and interesting experience for me. I had not been to a place like it before. I enjoyed walking around and taking in the scenery and the people. We walked through the market where the venders were selling fresh fruits and vegetables and homemade foods such as peanut butter, jam, and salsa. All of it was fantastic!

We then went and had lunch as a small bistro in the market. Sitting outside and watching the people walk by and soaking in the environment was an experience unique to me and one that I found to be very interesting. It amazes me how you can go to a place not far from home and be consumed with an entirely new and exciting culture. It is little places and experiences like going to Eastern Market that have made me love and appreciate living in Washington D.C. for these past three months.

Although I enjoy going to museums and see the monuments and all the historical sites, it is experiences and places like Eastern Market that really make me appreciate a place like Washington. Even though it is not big or overwhelming, it is the subtle aspects of the environment that make me really enjoy the atmosphere and everything about the Eastern Market.

-Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment