Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Holocaust Museum

I have been to the Holocaust Museum before in high school but believe it or not, I was even more immature back then and wasn't able to really appreciate it like I should. When I went this time around I was with another Jewish friend who had never been. Neither of us are religious but knew this would still be an incredibly emotional experience. As expected, we both were brought to tears many times. My favorite part of the museum was the part that told stories of heroic acts of people throughout Europe to save the lives of innocent Jews. Although I have deeper, religious ties to the Holocaust, it is not only for Jews. This is a part of history that some of the world wants to forget. We can never let that happen. Everyone should go see this museum and know the history and stories behind the Holocaust. Speaking on a very personal level, this experience deepened my doubts of god and religion but strengthened my cultural pride as a Jew.

I know this post got a little serious, I will attempt to lighten the mood in my next one.

-Jarrod Baden

No comments:

Post a Comment