Thursday, July 25, 2013

THE ZOO!

Ever since I was a little child, I have a passion for animals. I thought for sure I was going to be a veterinarian, funny how things change! Either way I still love animals of all sizes, big and small. Fortunately for me,  DC has a zoo that is free of charge and happens to house my favorite animal, the giant panda! They are so fantastic and cuddly.

When we got to the zoo I was so excited. We were able to see the elephants and even the red panda, before he escaped for a day. The line to go into the panda's house was so long that we decided to wait till the end with hopes that the line would get shorter as the day progressed.

We continued on to see the monkeys and even got to see the chimpanzee swinging above us across the zoo! It was so cool to see how their bodies can move so easily. Then we went and saw the insects, which was gross, and the fish. When we reached the bottom of the hill we were able to see the lions and tigers. They are such majestic creatures and so beautiful.

Finally, we headed back up to the giant panda cage and the line was so short! It was perfect because we only ended up waiting about five minutes. I was so happy to see these pandas in real life. It is so adorable how they sit and waddle around. The cage was full of bamboo and they do nothing but sit and eat, what an awesome life! Visiting the zoo is definitely a day that I will always remember.


-Lenae Horvath

No comments:

Post a Comment