Monday, July 8, 2013

Happy Birthday America!



Fourth of July has always been one of my favorite times of the year but it was amazing be able to experience it in DC. Spending the day just relaxing in the shade of the mall was a great start to the day. The most amazing part, however, was the fireworks! It was so cool being able see a 17 minute firework show with my fellow Americans on the National Mall. There were even fireworks that spelled out USA! Another great part of the night was this group of musicians traveling around playing their brass instruments providing fun music for all to enjoy. This was also the first fourth of July that my roommate was able to experience. She is originally from Brazil so it was great for her to experience the celebration of America in the heart of the Democracy. I also was able to experience the fireworks with my best friend from Ohio and my fellow Buckeyes. Afterwards we tried to continue with the American theme and get a cheeseburger from Good Stuff but the line was so so long and we decided that we could not wait. The night ended up being an amazing success and truly a night that I will never forget. 
Me and my best friend celebrating freedom!
-Lenae Horvath

No comments:

Post a Comment