Thursday, July 25, 2013

Eastern Market:
By Jennifer Stuhldreher
    The fresh aroma of pancakes infiltrate your nose, as you enter into a nosy and busy hall. I walked into the main hall of Eastern market, and first noticed the row of fresh fish and meat counters. As I walked down the hall past all of the fresh meat I saw a long line of people and was instantly greeted by the sweet smell of pancakes. I knew that I had found the famous breakfast spot and instantly began scanning the chalk board menu that was hanging over the station. Once I got up to the front of the line, I ordered some chocolate chip pancakes and breakfast potatoes. As I took the first bite into my food, my cravings were instantly satisfied! The chocolate chips melted in my mouth and left me craving more. Before I knew it, I had devoured my entire plate.
   
Though the breakfast may be the most memorable part of the market, it is not the only thing it has to offer. Outside the main hall there lines rows and rows of white tents that each house different treasures. There are fresh fruits and vegetables, clothing, jewelry, old maps, antiques, and much more. I wandered through the different isles taking in each stand as I went. One tent caught my eye in particular, because this tent had a beautiful necklace, with multiple strands of turquoise beads. I loved this piece, because I thought it was perfect for sun dresses, and work suits. I couldn't resist and got the necklace. I feel my trip to Eastern market turned out as a success, and even left me craving another trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment