Thursday, July 25, 2013

Embassy Day

The first weekend we were in Washington, the EU had an open embassy day where they opened the doors to the public and allowed people to get a taste of the various countries culture and lifestyle. Matt, Aaron and I made the trip up to Dupont Circle and embassy row and we made it to a few embassies; Poland, Spain, and Lithuania.

It was a fun experience, I got to explore the culture of my family, Poland, a nation in Spain that I was previously familiar with, and a country in Lithuania in which I was not familiar with. So it offered me a interesting mix of nations to see and learn more about. Going to these embassies shows me for the first how international Washington D.C. is the important role it plays for so many other nations around the world such as the ones I visited.

It was through this experience that I began to really appreciate all the Washington had to offer, not just domestically, but internationally and it was a good eye opening experience for me as I was beginning to acclimate myself to living in Washington D.C.

-Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment