Tuesday, July 23, 2013

General Dempsey

One of the many (HAHAHA) perks of being a Congressional intern is we get to attend lectures by various political figures. My favorite lecture was that by Gen. Martin Dempsey. This is one very, very powerful man. He walked around the Capitol Auditorium like he owned the place, not once using the microphone that was made available to him. I had the feeling he was more dangerous with his bare hands than his guards were with their guns. Gen. Dempsey was a truly amazing speaker and he talked about many current and important topics but one stood out above all. Someone in the audience asked about his position on Guantanamo Bay and the use of torture. His comments proved to me just how badass this guy is. He said he doesn't condone the use of torture but said it works. WHOA. Just thinking what he has control of and the things he knows, freaks me out and frankly, scares the living daylights out of me.

-Side note, he also has the biggest chest I think I've ever seen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment