Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Tidal Basin Paddle Boating

   One Sunday afternoon, Josh, our friend Alexa, and I all decided to try out paddle boating in the Tidal Basin. I had been around the area a lot as a tourist and had always wanted to try it out as a kid. In the spring when the cherry blossoms bloom, it is one of, if not the most, beautiful spot in Washington D.C. The Jefferson Memorial is also my favorite monument, so I may be a bit biased.
  The three of us rented a paddle boat for an hour for $21. It wasn't too bad splitting the charge three ways,  but I am sure the company does okay for itself. After we left the dock, the three of us made our way toward the Jefferson. It turned out that a wedding party was taking pictures on the steps of the Jefferson, so it was a cool experience. Pictured below is the Jefferson, and another similar photo with Josh in the foreground.


   Where this might have not been the most informational experience while in DC, it was good bonding time and a great way to experience the District. We learned that paddling backwards is easier than forwards, Josh and I found out about Alexa's hate for spiders, and we discussed in depth dating programs where one single individual funds their date trip to an exotic weekend trip in a location like Paris or Hawaii. Paddle boating once was good enough for me though and I am confident that I have my fill for a long time.

-Matt Deptola

No comments:

Post a Comment