Friday, July 26, 2013

Leaving DC is filled with both sad and happy emotions. I am reluctant to leave a city I have just begun to fully explore and appreciate. It's not often that people get to walk to work and pass the Capitol building, the Supreme Court, and the Library of Congress and that will be sorely missed as I return to Ohio. I will miss walking to the Smithsonian Museums, to finding delicious meals from the food trucks, to being part of a living environment that makes daily changes to the entire nation. The growing heat and humidity I can do without, however. So, although I am sad to depart such a exuberant and exciting city, it will be good to return home to share my experiences and to see how my perspectives have changed as compared to what they were before I came to DC.
-Rachel Gattermeyer

No comments:

Post a Comment