Sunday, July 21, 2013

Part Three Of All Of The Parts

...I just saw lightning from the window of my bus (definitely one of the coolest natural phenomena; like, top five for sure, though I'm willing to hear other opinions) which made me think back to the middle of June. Things were certainly getting spicy at the German Marshall Fund. We were set to hold, on June 19th, the grand opening of the Richard G. Lugar Institute for Diplomacy and Congress. The Lugar Diplomacy Institute opening went swimmingly, hosting as many as 20 members of Congress. Senator Bob Corker spoke on behalf of former Senator Lugar and the institute, and Secretary of State John Kerry even made an appearance. I checked in a number of people at the desk in the hallway.

After the opening events slowed down significantly at GMF, and they still haven't truly picked up again. Two days after the launch event I again left for Ohio; this time for my cousin's wedding. It was a great week, and was topped off by the weekend. I started to look forward to the Fourth of July week, which was less that two weeks away. 

On June 23rd, I again took the lonely flight from Ohio back to Washington, and the long ride back to Capitol South. But, as it did the previous time, the flight into DC, one during which the airplane seemed to skim the Potomac, almost made the whole venture worthwhile. 



Eric D'Angelo

No comments:

Post a Comment