Thursday, July 25, 2013

Day of Remembrance

As I have grown older I have continued to gain a greater appreciation for my Jewish heritage and how that makes me unique. So getting the chance to go to the Holocaust Museum was a very exciting yet emotional day for me. I had been once before about 6 years ago and I was curious in going again now that I am older to see how my reaction and emotions would be different this time around.

Walking through the exhibit was a very emotional and touching experience for me. Knowing that I had family who both suffered through the Holocaust and family who fought to beat the Nazis really came over me like a wave of emotions. It gave me a day to reflect on who I was, the history of my family and of the Jewish people and how far I have come personally as a practicing American Jew. The Holocaust Museum is an amazing place and even if you are not Jewish I highly recommend a visit if you can.

Even though the mood of the day was a somber one filled with many emotional feelings, I am glad that I went back and spent the day at the museum because I think it is important, especially as a Jew, to remember events like this and remember all the people who were murdered. It really puts everything in perspective for me and provides me with a greater appreciation of my Jewish heritage and lifestyle and it is one that I believe will continue to grow as a grow as a person.

-Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment