Sunday, July 21, 2013

Part Two Of All Of The Parts

...I recall that in the following few weeks my adventures slowed down as the weather baked the cement filled Capitol neighborhood. The three day Memorial weekend was a nice break after nearly a month of almost-not-quite "full-time" work at my internship. There was much merryment to be had while also memorializing fallen veterans of American conflict. On Friday or Saturday night (I can't remember which) myself at three others attended the Memorial weekend concert on the Capitol lawn, which turned out to be an extremely sad, but worthwhile, undertaking. 

The following weekend I flew out of Reagan National to the great state of Ohio for a weekend of Ohio stuff with Ohio people. It was difficult getting back to Washington late on Sunday night, walking through the airport alone, and taking the long metro ride back to 215 Constitution. An underrated aspect of the flight into Reagan, however, is the landing. At night, when the city is lit up, the plane takes you directly over the Potomac for an spectacular and unrivaled view of the city. It's almost worth the price of admission. 

In the time I was gone I'm almost positive our room at the Congressional shrank. It could just be the heat.



Eric D'Angelo

No comments:

Post a Comment